Summer 2009

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spring updates...

It's been a long time since I last posted! So this entry will just be a general update on what's been going on for the last month or so....
The day before Easter, my mom had a party for Olivia so that all of the Massachusetts relatives could meet her. It was so nice of everyone to take the time to come over and visit, and despite the rainy weather and Olivia's fussiness, it was a great day!
Miss O. celebrated her first Easter this year, and she had lots of "Easter Bunnies" bringing her gifts! She was the cutest bunny of all though. :) I had to make a bunch of Easter baskets for Easter Basket Bingo at the college, so of course I had to take advantage of that photo opp! Talk about great props- and a fabulous subject!
We've been very excited for the warm weather, Liv is just like her mom in that she likes her tootsies to be bare, so the sunny days are nice for lounging on the deck shoeless....Adam and I both have generous parents! Mia and Pops got us some deck furniture for our back porch, and Nana and Grampa got us some rocking chairs for our front porch, so we now have plenty of places to relax and enjoy the sunshine! Adam turned 31 on May 1st- I like to call him my Silver Fox ( I can do this because he's older than me, Hee hee!) and he has become quite domesticated now that he's a father and a home owner. I know this to be true because he wanted a leaf blower, grill and a lawn mower for his birthday. I have never seen anyone have so much fun blowing leaves around! We've been enjoying lots of yummy grill food, because we really missed not having a grill, or a deck or yard when we lived in Portland. Now we feel like we're enjoying the warm weather the right way! Now if only we lived on a lake so that we could kayak more often....

And the most exciting thing that has happened in the past month was the birth of Baby Kapri!! Congratulations to Billi and Joel on the arrival of their beautiful baby girl! Olivia is very excited to have a new partner in crime, and we are all excited to go up North in two weeks to meet the new lil girlfriend! They will be double trouble in no time I’m sure!

This past Sunday was my first Mother’s Day, and I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful daughter. She’s the greatest gift I could ever ask for! She makes me happy every day. Seriously, who could be sad when you see a face as adorable as this smiling at you on a daily basis? It’s pure happiness!!! Happy Mother’s Day to all you wonderful mothers out there! Adam and I love ours so much!!











No comments:

Post a Comment